I LOVE These, and Pupper Wows


Look at that pile of green and white towelly goodness. No, I didn't make these; M did. Two were a Christmas present and the other two were just because I loved the first two so much.


Call me old fashioned, but I love a towel I can hang on the drawer handle right next to the sink for all my hand drying needs. Besides, it's an old fashioned kitchen (being in a 150+-year-old farmhouse), so the towels kinda go.

Pattern: Lacy Kitchen Towel, June 26, 2006 (our wedding anniversary) pattern from the Crochet Pattern-a-Day calendar.
Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton #33713, Key Lime Pie -- one 12oz ball made all four towels with enough left over for half a dishcloth
Hook: Susan Bates Silvalume H
Mods: She added a base row of double crochet in the chain before starting the pattern

And, I promise, really, that I will get Baby Surprise #4 assembled, really I will. It's probably my favorite of all the BSs that I've made this year.

In other news, Pupper went back to the shelter where we got him for a visit and to drop off some cat toys our two angels are above. (Oh, and to see about fostering kittens this spring since I'm currently home most of the day and able to oversee and correct kittenish behavior.) They were thrilled to see him, and none of them recognized him until they were told who it was. Not surprising considering the train wreck he was when we adopted him: shaved all over due to a bad skin infection, infections in both eyes, a terrible limp due to untreated arthritis, etc. It's a wonder we even adopted him, but there was just something there. And now he looks like a proper and handsome dog.

Yeah, I'm on the sofa -- what's it to you?

No comments: