Warsh This

So, I succumbed. I made a warshrag. In fact, I made two for reasons which I will explain. Peaches & Creme isn't anything new for us; M has crocheted towels, dishcloths and potholders from it, but I haven't gone there until now.



Pattern: Ball Band Dishcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting or the ball band of Peaches & Creme
Yarn: Peaches & Creme, #1, white and #205, gumdrops.
Needles: WEBS 9" bamboo #7
Mods: The larger cloth was made exactly according to the pattern; the smaller is actually only 33 stitches. When I finished the first cloth I realized it was waaay to large for my tiny hands to use for dishwashing, so it'll become a washcloth. The smaller one is exactly the right size for dishwashing for me.

Again, a pattern I fell in love with immediately. So simple, and so beautiful. And for me, so useful. Buying sponges can get pricey, and they just feel like breeding grounds for all kinds of bad stuff in the kitchen. With dishcloths, I can start afresh everyday with a clean cloth to wash the dishes. That makes me feel much better about my kitchen.

No comments: