And That's Just the Sock Yarn!

So, I've finally sat down and explored Ravelry and started inputting stuff. There are now 51 yarns in my stash (Ravelry link), and -- with a couple exceptions -- they're all sock yarns or other yarns destined to become socks. Oh my word! I haven't even started on the stuff out in the garage (which is a perfectly acceptable place to store yarn when you live in a dry climate). Don't worry, it's all in plastic tubs.

Anyhoo, I got this email from Knit Picks and decided I had to have this cardigan. Okay, so maybe I'm totally acclimated to life in the Southwest, but it seems strange to me that they are touting this as a warmer weather sweater but the yarns they're recommending are all worsted-weight wool or wool blends. Doesn't that seem a wee bit warm, even for cool spring evenings? Or am I really a child of the desert now?

Well, there's no way I'm making it in wool for my life here. And M nixed the idea of buying any new yarn for it when she found this
P2190004
in the stash. It's somewhere near about 8 pounds of light worsted cotton.

So I swatched
P2190023
and it looks like the gauge should be about right. I'll probably cast on later today or tomorrow.

What about project monogamy? Well, the Kimono Jacket now looks like this:
P2190001
No, it doesn't really spend its days hanging around in the shrubbery, but it felt like taking in a little sun. And that would be why this little beauty is going into hibernation (though it's called estivation when it happens in the summer) until fall. There's just no way I could finish it before the weather got just too darn warm to wear it.

And then I must do something with these:
P2190029
Many, many, many moons ago, I made us a scarf using Eros and 24K. Recently M wore it work, and a friend fell in love. So, these two balls are destined to become one for her, in her colors (red and black). It'll be a nice, mindless task that.

No comments: