What the....? (and some forgotten FOs)

So, I live in the desert. Yes, the desert, where it rains a few inches a year, the landscape is mostly sand and rock, and the water in my betta's bowl needs to be topped off every two days. That desert.

Then why, I have to ask, did I find this in my backyard?!

Yep -- that's a dandelion. And it's not alone:

But, I'm not going to dwell on it (nor am I inclined to use the weed killer the owners left in the garage). For now, I'll just pout, knowing that come the heat of summer, they'll be GONE.

And now, some FOs I'd forgotten about.

P2190050
Circus Monkeys!

Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: Plymouth Sockotta #15, 1 ball
Needles: US 1, 2.25mm 40" circular -- magic loop style
Mods: The same as the ones I made on Jennifer's Monkeys: no purls in the pattern; slip stitch heel; and who knows what else, since I stopped reading the pattern after the first repeat. Oh, and I did just an ordinary 1x1 rib rather than the twisted rib the pattern calls for.

These were finished on the drive out, and I've worn them a lot since. Shortly after we got here I found a pair of flourescent peach (you'll have to trust me on the color) Ked-like sneaks that match these socks perfectly.

And yet another Baby Surprise:
P2180019

Pattern: Baby Surprise by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Merino DK, 3 balls
Needle: The same Susanne Ebony #6 that I've used on all of my Baby Surprises.

I made this one just because. Yep, just wanted to make a Baby Surprise (I love this pattern). So, if anyone knows someone who needs one....

No comments: