Blast from the Past

So I got a phone call last week from a church member and friend who is in the process of moving. She said she had some old knitting magazines and would I like to look at them. Well, sure. So she brought them to church yesterday.
Knitter's Magazine

What a hoot! This is about 15 years worth of Knitter's from the mid-80s to late 90s. My my, how knitting and fashion have changed over those years. We have only scratched the surface of the pile, but I am looking forward to spending time with these gems this week.

In other news, this crept out from the corner of the loom room yesterday.
Voyageur.

For some reason, I got bit by the weaving bug over the weekend. Right now, I'm in the process of warping the loom with some self-striping sock yarn I stopped thinking I'd ever really make socks out of. I hope it'll make an interesting scarf. We'll see, though, since the sock yarn is a little stretchier than anything I've ever woven with before. Will keep you posted on the progress.

The loom? It's a 12-shaft 15 3/4" Leclerc Voyageur. I love it, especially since I can actually move it into the family room and watch TV with M while I weave -- can't do that with the 32" loom. It is actually the only thing which suffered damage in our move to Tucson -- it has a crack in a non-structural part (if you go to the Flickr image, I've put a note on it).

Changing the subject completely, yesterday we had lunch with a friend from college who was in Tucson visiting her sister. This reunion (and possibly a new church member) made possibly at least in part by this blog and Ravelry. Interesting how the Internets can do things like that.

Now off to work (and nurse my cycling withdrawal)....

1 comment:

Michelle F said...

My guess would be that the friend would be Jen Put.....