Must ... Stop ... Knitting ... Socks!

The Good News:
DSCN0227

Nanner #1 is done. And I love it. The pattern is simple, and the yarn (Kollage Luscious -- please note, I made those beautiful lace socks shown on the yarn page, thankyouverymuch) is scrumpdiddlyumptious.

More Good News:
The book which I need for my Tour de France KAL project finally came in at the library. Looking through the book I am reminded why I never bought it: there just aren't a lot of patterns in here that I would make. Mind you, there are some delightful patterns in this book -- there simply aren't many I would actually make. Make sense?

Anyway, the entrelac socks I want to make for TdFKAL are in here, so I'm set for that at least. If all goes well, I will be making them with some Lorna's Laces in the Rainbow colorway which I reclaimed from unworn socks a while back.

And More:

I alluded to it a bit ago, but I did some sample/test knitting for Kollage, and you can see the products on the Luscious pattern page. Mine are the Herringbone Rib Socks and the Lucky Lace Socks. I'm just tickled to see these here.

Yet More Good News:
Meet Babs & Olivia
This is Babs & Olivia. M and I took an Indian beading class at the local library yesterday, and these are the products. It was fun -- my first ever beading experience. I don't think beading will replace knitting any time soon, but it was a welcome change of pace for a couple hours.

So What's the Bad News?

Mystery Project has a fast-approaching deadline, so I fear the socks will have to take a backseat for a bit.

Excuse me while I go pout a bit.

But first, Queen B insists that if I'm going to take pics of her, I need to share them:
DSCN0105
The big brown butt belongs to the dog.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love the nanners! I really need to cast on for mine soon...